This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
The domain name www.schoolsupermart.com (hereinafter referred to as "Website") is owned by School Serv (India) Solutions Private Limited a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 with its registered office at D.No. 8-2-674/B/2/15, Road No. 12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad - 500034, Telangana State, India (hereinafter referred to as "School Serv").
Use of the Website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under Indian Contract Act, 1872. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Website. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a User of the School Serv website and shall not transact on or use the website. As a minor if you wish to use or transact on website, such use or transaction may be made by your legal guardian or parents on the Website. School Serv reserves the right to terminate your membership and / or refuse to provide you with access to the Website if it is brought to School Serv's notice or if it is discovered that you are under the age of 18 years.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
When You use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to us, you agree and understand that You are communicating with Us through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Us periodically and as and when required. We may communicate with you by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
Platform for Transaction and Communication
The Website is a platform that Users utilize to meet and interact with one another for their transactions. School Serv is not and cannot be a party to or control in any manner any transaction between the Website's Users.
- All commercial/contractual terms are offered by and agreed to between Buyers and Sellers alone. The commercial/contractual terms include without limitation price, shipping costs, payment methods, payment terms, date, period and mode of delivery, warranties related to products and services and after sales services related to products and services. School Serv does not have any control or does not determine or advise or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial/contractual terms between the Buyers and Sellers.
- School Serv does not make any representation or Warranty as to specifics (such as quality, value, salability, etc.) of the products or services proposed to be sold or offered to be sold or purchased on the Website. School Serv does not implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the sale or purchase of any products or services on the Website. School Serv accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties.
- School Serv is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract entered into between Buyers and Sellers. School Serv cannot and does not guarantee that the concerned Buyers and/or Sellers will perform any transaction concluded on the Website. School Serv shall not and is not required to mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between Buyers and Sellers.
- School Serv does not make any representation or warranty as to the item-specifics (such as legal title, credit worthiness, identity, etc.) of any of its Users. You are advised to independently verify the bona fides of any particular User that You choose to deal with on the Website and use Your best judgment in that behalf.
- School Serv does not at any point of time during any transaction between Buyer and Seller on the Website come into or take possession of any of the products or services offered by Seller nor does it at any point gain title to or have any rights or claims over the products or services offered by Seller to Buyer.
- At no time shall School Serv hold any right, title or interest over the products nor shall School Serv have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such contract entered into between Buyers and Sellers. School Serv is not responsible for unsatisfactory or delayed performance of services or damages or delays as a result of products which are out of stock, unavailable or back ordered.
- The Website is only a platform that can be utilized by Users to reach a larger base to buy and sell products or services. School Serv is only providing a platform for communication and it is agreed that the contract for sale of any of the products or services shall be a strictly bipartite contract between the Seller and the Buyer. At no time shall School Serv hold any any right, title or interest over the products nor shall School Serv have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such contract. School Serv is not responsible for unsatisfactory or delayed performance of services or damages or delays as a result of products which are out of stock, unavailable or back ordered.
- You shall independently agree upon the manner and terms and conditions of delivery, payment, insurance etc. with the seller(s) that You transact with.
- You release and indemnify School Serv and/or any of its officers and representatives from any cost, damage, liability or other consequence of any of the actions of the Users of the Website and specifically waive any claims that you may have in this behalf under any applicable law. Notwithstanding its reasonable efforts in that behalf, School Serv cannot take responsibility or control the information provided by other Users which is made available on the Website. You may find other User's information to be offensive, harmful, inconsistent, inaccurate, or deceptive. Please use caution and practice safe trading when using the Website. Please note that there could be risks in dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretence.
Pricing on any product(s) as is reflected on the Website may due to some technical issue, typographical error or product information published by seller may be incorrectly reflected and in such an event seller may cancel such your order(s).
Membership on the Website is free for buyers. School Serv does not charge any fee for browsing and buying on the Website. School Serv reserves the right to change its Fee Policy from time to time. In particular, School Serv may at its sole discretion introduce new services and modify some or all of the existing services offered on the Website. In such an event School Serv reserves the right to introduce fees for the new services offered or amend/introduce fees for existing services, as the case may be. Changes to the Fee Policy shall be posted on the Website and such changes shall automatically become effective immediately after they are posted on the Website. Unless otherwise stated, all fees shall be quoted in Indian Rupees. You shall be solely responsible for compliance of all applicable laws including those in India for making payments to School Serv (India) Solutions Private Limited.
Use of the Website
You agree, undertake and confirm that Your use of Website shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
- belongs to another person and to which You does not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to "indecent representation of women" within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
- is misleading in any way;
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, pedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- infringes upon or violates any third party's rights [including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person's name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity];
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work (see "Copyright complaint" below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material), such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains video, photographs, or images of another person (with a minor or an adult).
- tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Website or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Website or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which We, in Our sole discretion, believes is or could be construed as being illegal;
- interferes with another USER's use and enjoyment of the Website or any other individual's User and enjoyment of similar services;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or third party's trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen products;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee/ users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, Easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
- shall not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- shall not, directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
- shall not create liability for Us or cause Us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of Our internet service provider ("ISPs") or other suppliers;
- You shall not use any "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. We reserve Our right to bar any such activity.
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website, or any other systems or networks connected to the Website or to any server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password "mining" or any other illegitimate means.
- You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other User of or visitor to Website, or any other customer, including any account on the Website not owned by You, to its source, or exploit the Website or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than Your own information, as provided for by the Website.
- You shall not make any negative, denigrating or defamatory statement(s) or comment(s) about Us or the brand name or domain name used by Us including the terms School Serv, schoolsupermart.com, or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation, of School Serv or sellers on platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any School Serv's trade or service marks, trade name and/or goodwill associated with such trade or service marks, trade name as may be owned or used by us. You agree that You will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or School Serv's systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to School Serv.
- You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the Website, or with any other person's use of the Website.
- You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal You send to Us on or through the Website or any service offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend that You are, or that You represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
- You shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules thereunder as applicable and as amended from time to time and also all applicable Domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable Exchange Control Laws or Regulations in Force) and International Laws, Foreign Exchange Laws, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations (including, but not limited to Sales Tax/VAT/GST, Income Tax, Octroi, Service Tax, Central Excise, Custom Duty, Local Levies) regarding Your use of Our service and Your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of products or services. You shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force.
- From time to time, you shall be responsible for providing information relating to the products or services proposed to be sold by You. In this connection, you undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. You shall not exaggerate or over emphasize the attributes of such products or services so as to mislead other Users in any manner.
- Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of related products or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between You and such advertiser. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Website.
- It is possible that other users (including unauthorized users or "hackers") may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the Website and that You may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about You due to your use of the Website, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure You. We do not approve of such unauthorized uses, but by using the Website You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Website. Please carefully select the type of information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Website.
- School Serv shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through group/s of people, intentionally or unintentionally in DoS/DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).
Contents Posted on the Site
You may use information on the products and services purposely made available on the Website for downloading, provided that You (a) do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents, (b) use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media, (c) make no modifications to any such information, and (d) do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents.
We may share personal information with our other corporate entities and affiliates. These entities and affiliates may market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-out.
We may disclose personal information to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
This Website, all the materials and products (including but not limited to software) and services, included on or otherwise made available to You through this site are provided on "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, School Serv does not warrant that:
This Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
The information on this Website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
School Serv will not be liable to You in any way or in relation to the Contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Website. School Serv does not warrant that this site; information, Content, materials, product (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to You through the Website; their servers; or electronic communication sent from Us are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Nothing on Website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. All the Products sold on Website are governed by different state laws and if Seller is unable to deliver such Products due to implications of different state laws, Seller will return or will give credit for the amount (if any) received in advance by Seller from the sale of such Product that could not be delivered to You.
You will be required to enter a valid phone number while placing an order on the Website. By registering Your phone number with us, you consent to be contacted by Us via phone calls and/or SMS notifications, in case of any order or shipment or delivery related updates. We will not use your personal information to initiate any promotional phone calls or SMS.
The listing description of the item must not be misleading and must describe actual condition of the product. If the item description does not match the actual condition of the item, you agree to refund any amounts that you may have received from the Buyer. You agree not to list a single product in multiple quantities across various categories on the Website. School Serv reserves the right to delete such multiple listings of the same product listed by you in various categories.
While availing any of the payment method/s available on the Website, we will not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to You due to:
Lack of authorization for any transaction/s, or
Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by You and between "Bank/s", or
Any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or
Decline of transaction for any other reason/s
All payments made against the purchases/services on Website by you shall be compulsorily in Indian Rupees acceptable in the Republic of India. Website will not facilitate transaction with respect to any other form of currency with respect to the purchases made on Website.
Before shipping / delivering your order to you, Seller may request you to provide supporting documents (including but not limited to Govt. issued ID, shipping authorization document(s), and address proof) to establish the ownership of the payment instrument used by you for your purchase. This is done in the interest of providing a safe online shopping environment to Our Users.
- Transactions, Transaction Price and all commercial terms such as Delivery, Dispatch of products and/or services are as per principal to principal bipartite contractual obligations between Buyer and Seller and payment facility is merely used by the Buyer and Seller to facilitate the completion of the Transaction. Use of the payment facility shall not render School Serv liable or responsible for the non-delivery, non-receipt, non-payment, damage, breach of representations and warranties, non-provision of after sales or warranty services or fraud as regards the products and /or services listed on School Serv's Website.
- You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided by School Serv is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, receiving payment through Cash On Delivery, collection and remittance facility for the Transactions on the School Serv Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and Credit Card payment gateway networks. Further, by providing Payment Facility, School Serv is neither acting as trustees nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the Transaction or the Transaction Price.
Payment Facility for Buyers:
- You, as a Buyer, understand that upon initiating a Transaction You are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract with the Seller to purchase the products and /or services from the Seller using the Payment Facility, and You shall pay the Transaction Price through Your Issuing Bank to the Seller using Payment Facility.
- You, as a Buyer, may agree with the Seller through electronic communication and electronic records and using the automated features as may be provided by Payment Facility on any extension / increase in the Dispatch and/or Delivery time and the Transaction shall stand amended to such extent. Any such extension / increase of Dispatch / Delivery time or subsequent novation / variation of the Transaction should be in compliance with Payment Facility Rules and Policies.
- You, as a Buyer, shall electronically notify Payment Facility using the appropriate School Serv Website features immediately upon Delivery or non-Delivery within three (3) days from the date of delivery of the products or services. Non notification by You of Delivery or non-Delivery within three (3) days from the date of delivery of the products or services shall be construed as a deemed Delivery in respect of that Transaction. In case of Cash On Delivery transactions, Buyer is not required to confirm the receipt of products or services.
- You, as a Buyer, shall be entitled to claim a refund of the Transaction Price (as Your sole and exclusive remedy) in case You do not receive the Delivery within the time period agreed in the Transaction or within the time period as provided in the Policies, whichever is earlier. In case you do not raise a refund claim using Website features within one (1) day after the time period agreed in the transaction than this would make You ineligible for a refund.
- You, as a Buyer, understand that the Payment Facility may not be available in full or in part for certain category of products and/or services and/or Transactions as mentioned in the Policies and hence You may not be entitled to a refund in respect of the Transactions for those products and /or services.
- Except for Cash On Delivery transaction, refund, if any, shall be made at the same Issuing Bank from where Transaction Price was received.
- For Cash On Delivery transactions, refunds, if any, will be made via demand draft in favour of the Buyer (As per registration details provided by the Buyer)
- Refund shall be made in Indian Rupees only and shall be equivalent to the Transaction Price received in Indian Rupees.
- For electronics payments, refund shall be made through payment facility using NEFT / RTGS or any other online banking / electronic funds transfer system approved by Reserve Bank India (RBI).
- Refund shall be conditional and shall be with recourse available to School Serv in case of any misuse by Buyer.
- Refund shall be subject to Buyer complying with Policies.
- School Serv reserves the right to impose limits on the number of Transactions or Transaction Price which School Serv may receive from on an individual Valid Credit/Debit/ Cash Card / Valid Bank Account/ and such other infrastructure or any other financial instrument directly or indirectly through payment aggregator or through any such facility authorized by Reserve Bank of India to provide enabling support facility for collection and remittance of payment or by an individual Buyer during any time period, and reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions exceeding such limit.
- School Serv reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions by Buyers with a prior history of questionable charges including without limitation breach of any agreements by Buyer with School Serv or breach/violation of any law or any charges imposed by Issuing Bank or breach of any policy.
- School Serv may do such checks as it deems fit before approving the receipt of/Buyers commitment to pay (for Cash On Delivery transactions) Transaction Price from the Buyer for security or other reasons at the discretion of School Serv. As a result of such check if School Serv is not satisfied with the creditability of the Buyer or genuineness of the Transaction / Transaction Price, it will have the right to reject the receipt of / Buyers commitment to pay Transaction Price.
- School Serv may delay notifying the payment confirmation i.e. informing Seller to Dispatch, if School Serv deems suspicious or for Buyers conducting high transaction volumes to ensure safety of the Transaction and Transaction Price. In addition, School Serv may hold Transaction Price and School Serv may not inform Seller to Dispatch or remit Transaction Price to law enforcement officials (instead of refunding the same to Buyer) at the request of law enforcement officials or in the event the Buyer is engaged in any form of illegal activity.
- The Buyer and Seller acknowledge that School Serv will not be liable for any damages, interests or claims etc. resulting from not processing a Transaction/Transaction Price or any delay in processing a Transaction/Transaction Price which is beyond control of School Serv.
Compliance with Laws:
- Buyer and Seller shall comply with all the applicable laws (including without limitation Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and the rules made and notifications issued there under and the Exchange Control Manual as may be issued by Reserve Bank of India from time to time, Customs Act, Information and Technology Act, 2000 as amended by the Information Technology (Amendment) Act 2008, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the rules made thereunder, Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 1976 and the rules made there under, Income Tax Act, 1961 and the rules made there under, Export Import Policy of government of India) applicable to them respectively for using Payment Facility and School Serv Website.
Buyer's arrangement with Issuing Bank:
- All Valid Credit / Debit/ Cash Card/ and other payment instruments are processed using a Credit Card payment gateway or appropriate payment system infrastructure and the same will also be governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between the Buyer and the respective Issuing Bank and payment instrument issuing company
- All Online Bank Transfers from Valid Bank Accounts are processed using the gateway provided by the respective Issuing Bank which support Payment Facility to provide these services to the Users. All such Online Bank Transfers on Payment Facility are also governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between Buyer and the respective Issuing Bank.
Jurisdictional Issues/Sale in India Only
Unless otherwise specified, the material on the Website is presented solely for the purpose of sale in India. School Serv make no representation that materials in the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations/Countries other than India. Those who choose to access this site from other locations/Countries other than India do so on their own initiative and School Serv is not responsible for supply of products/refund for the products ordered from other locations/Countries other than India, compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Trademark, Copyright and Restriction
his site is controlled and operated by School Serv and products are sold by respective Sellers. All material on this site, including images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights. Material on Website is solely for Your personal, non-commercial use. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by email or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and You must not assist any other person to do so. Without the prior written consent of the owner, modification of the materials, use of the materials on any other website or networked computer environment or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited. Any use for which You receive any remuneration, whether in money or otherwise, is a commercial use for the purposes of this clause.
School Serv respects the intellectual property of others. In case You feel that Your Trademark has been infringed, You can write to School Serv at email@example.com.
School Serv does not warrant that Product description or other content of this Website is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free and assumes no liability in this regard.
School Serv does not warrant that colors of product images listed on this website, Color of the actual product may vary from the product images given in the listing and School Serv assumes no liability in this regard.
Limitation of Liability
School Serv prohibits the use of language that is racist, hateful, sexual or obscene in nature in a public area. This policy extends to text within listings, on Seller pages and all other areas of the site that another User may view. If the profane words are part of a title for the item being sold, we allow Sellers to 'blur' out the bulk of the offending word with asterisks (i.e., s*** or f***). Please report any violations of this policy to the correct area for review:
Report offensive Display Names
Report offensive language in a listing or otherwise
If a feedback comment; or any communication made between Users on the Website; or email communication between Users in relation to transactions conducted on Website contain profanity, please review Our feedback removal policy and submit a request for action/removal.
Disciplinary action may result in the indefinite suspension of a User's account, temporary suspension, or a formal warning. School Serv will consider the circumstances of an alleged policy violation and the user's trading records before taking action. Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
Limits placed on account privileges;
Loss of special status;
School Super Mart’s Replacement Guarantee
The Replacement Guarantee seeks to assist Buyers who have been defrauded by qualified sellers on the Website. If at the time of delivery and/or within specified days from the date of delivery of the product/s, if any defect is found, then the buyer of the product/s can ask for replacement of the product/s from the seller.
If School Serv has suspicion or knowledge, that any of its buyers and sellers are involved in any activity that is intended to provide claims or information that is false, misleading or not genuine, then School Serv may while reserving its rights to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against User may also at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name of such buyer and seller and /or disqualify that User and any related Users from availing protection through this program.
School Serv reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a User who, files a invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, School Serv may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name [and its related Display Names] of such User and/or disqualify that User and any related Users from availing protection through this program. Any person who, knowingly and with intent to injure, defraud or deceive, files a Fraudulent Complaint containing false, incomplete, or misleading information may be guilty of a criminal offence and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
For more details, related to Replacement Policy, refer to s/help/cancellation-returns
Definition: Replacement is the action or process of replacing something in place of another. A Buyer can request for replacement whenever he is not happy with the item, reason being Damaged in shipping, Defective item, Dead on Arrival, Item(s) missing, wrong item shipped. Point to be noted:
Seller can always accept the return irrespective of the policy.
Buyer can raise a replacement request directly with the Seller at the time of delivery. Seller will provide the replacement at a time agreed while accepting the replacement request.
If Seller disagrees for a replacement request though the request is meeting the replacement criteria, Buyer can file a dispute using the appropriate School Serv Website features.
Buyer needs to raise the replacement request at the time of delivery by seller or within one (1) day from the date of delivery of the products or services. Buyer is asked for "Reason for Return". Among others, the following are the leading reasons:
- Shipping was damaged
- Item was defective
- Item Dead on Arrival
- Item(s) were missing
- Wrong item sent
Once Buyer has raised a replacement request on the Website, the following steps shall be followed:
- An intimation shall be provided to Seller seeking either "approval" or "rejection" of the replacement request.
- In case the Seller accepts the replacement request, Buyer shall be required to return the product to the Seller, Seller shall be obliged to provide the replacement product to the Buyer.
- Incase Seller rejects the replacement request; Buyer can choose to raise a dispute by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In case the Seller doesn't have the product at all, Seller can provide the refund to the Buyer and Buyer shall be obligated to accept the refund in lieu of replacement. All the product parameters shall be required to be complied with in cases of replacement.
- If the Seller doesn't respond to the Buyer's replacement request, within three (3) days from the date of replacement request placed by the Buyer, refund shall be processed in favour of Buyer and Seller shall be liable to refund amount paid to the Seller.
All shipping and other replacement charges shall be borne and incurred by the Seller.
Disputes (Resolutions) Policy
Generally, transactions are conducted smoothly on School Serv. How ever there may be some cases where both the Buyers and Sellers may face issues. At School Serv, we have a Dispute Resolution process in order to resolve disputes between Buyers and Sellers.
What is a 'dispute'?
A 'Dispute' can be defined as a disagreement between a Buyer and a Seller in connection with a transaction on the Website.
How does a 'dispute' occur in the Marketplace?
Disputes are filed as a result of a disagreement between the Buyer and the Seller. Disputes arise out of an issue that is raised by either party not being completely satisfied with the resolution of their complaint/issue.
It is important that before a Buyer/Seller raises a dispute, they should attempt to solve the issue. Please note that whenever a Buyer raises a dispute, the Seller's payment for that order is put on hold immediately until the issue is resolved.
How is a 'dispute' created?
Whenever there is a disagreement, the Buyer can write to email@example.com, while the Seller can write to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to raise a dispute. Disputes can be raised at a particular transaction level.
What are the various types of 'disputes'?
Following are the indicative examples of potential disputes:
- Wrong item received
- Item Not as described
- Damaged or Seal broken on Product
- Part/Accessory missing
- Item not Compatible
- Seller Description/Specification Wrong
- Defective (Functional issues)
- Product not working and Manufacturer claims invalid Invoice
In case the Seller rejects the replacement request of the Buyer, and Buyer raises a dispute, then School Serv will try to mediate and resolve the dispute between both the parties. If the dispute is resolved in favour of the Buyer, a refund is provided once the product is returned to the Seller. If the dispute is settled in favour of the Seller, Buyer is not entitled to any refund.
Buyer Protection Program
In case of a dispute where the Seller is unable to provide a replacement or refund, School Serv will actively work towards reaching a resolution.
The Buyer Protection Program covers Buyers who are unable to successfully resolve their dispute with the Seller or are not satisfied the resolution provided by the Seller.
The Buyer can write to email@example.com if the issue with the Seller is not resolved. School Serv's Customer Support team will look into the case to check for possible fraud and if the Buyer has been blacklisted/blocked from making purchases on the Website. Only after verifying these facts, a dispute can be registered.
In due course of resolution, School Serv's Customer Support Team will facilitate a conference call including the Seller and the Buyer.
When a dispute has been raised, School Serv may provide both the parties access to each other’s Display Names, contact details including email addresses and other details pertaining to the dispute. Buyers and Sellers are subject to final consent from School Serv for settling the dispute.
Buyer Eligibility and Restrictions
Buyers who have purchased the product on schoolsupermart.com are eligible for the Buyer Protection Program.
- Buyers can file a dispute within five (5) days from the date of delivery of the product
- Any damage or loss to the product after delivery will not be covered under this program and will completely be the Buyer's responsibility. Buyers should refuse to accept delivery if the item is damaged.
- To be able to take advantage of the Buyer Protection Program, Buyers should first contact the Seller and attempt to resolve the issue. If the Buyer doesn't hear from the Seller or is unable to resolve the issue with the Seller even after contact, a dispute can be raised with School Serv by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fraudulent charges and claims are not covered under Buyer Protection Program
- If the Buyer has already initiated chargeback through the credit card issuing bank, it will not be covered under Buyer Protection Program, though in such cases a Seller can file a claim through the Seller Protection Program.
- Blacklisted and Blocked Buyers are not covered by the Buyer Protection Program.
- Buyers who have reached their maximum lifetime limit for claims are also not eligible. Buyers can make a maximum of 3 claims per year on School Serv. If the claim was withdrawn, it is not counted. The coverage amount will be limited to ₹10,000
- Through the Buyer Protection program, School Serv does not provide any guarantee/warranty to Buyers for products sold on School Serv against technical/manufacturing defects.
- Raising disputes against Sellers does not automatically entitle the Buyer to a refund or replacement for the product purchased. School Serv shall verify the disputes so raised and may process only such claims that are valid and genuine.
- School Serv shall at no point be responsible for any direct or indirect losses, expenses, costs of any nature whatsoever that may be incurred by any Buyer/Seller.
- Claims of the nature of 'Buyer remorse' (i.e. instances where products are bought by the Buyer by mistake or where the Buyer chooses to change his/her mind with regard to the product purchased by him) will not be entertained through this program.
- School Serv reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a User who, files an invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, School Serv may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name [and its related Display Names] of such User and/or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this program.
- Decisions made by School Serv under the Buyer Protection Program shall be final and binding on its Users.
- School Serv reserves the right to modify/discontinue Buyer Protection Program without any prior notice period to its Users.
- Through this program, School Serv shall not entertain claims of Buyers who have incurred loss due to delayed shipment or delivery of the item by the Seller.
- School Serv Customer Support Team may seek additional information/clarification from Buyer to facilitate resolution of the dispute. In the event Buyer does not respond with information/clarification sought within 3 days of such request, the dispute shall be auto-closed in favour of the Seller.
Disputes via Chargeback
Whenever a chargeback (CB) comes from a payment gateway/bank, following situations may arise:
- Item not received CB - Buyer hasn't received the item. Refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies.
- Unauthorized CB - Buyer hasn't made this particular transaction. Refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies.
- Seller expressly agrees that issuing the correct and complete invoice is the sole and primary responsibility of the Seller. Furthermore, Seller shall ensure that invoices state "Powered by School Super Mart" and failing to do so Seller will be liable for chargebacks (as applicable).
- Item not as described - meaning item is not what Buyer expected. Dispute will be decided in accordance with the dispute policies.
Email Abuse & Threat Policy
Private communication, including email correspondence, is not regulated by School Serv. School Serv encourages its Users to be professional, courteous and respectful when communicating by email. However, School Serv will investigate and can take action on certain types of unwanted emails that violate School Serv policies. Such instances:
- Threats of Bodily Harm - School Serv does not permit Users to send explicit threats of bodily harm.
- Misuse of School Serv System - School Serv allows Users to facilitate transactions through the School Serv system, but will investigate any misuse of this service.
- Spoof (Fake) email - School Serv will never ask you to provide sensitive information through email. In case you receive any spoof (fake) email, you are requested to report the same to Us through 'Contact Us' tab.
- Spam (Unsolicited Commercial email) - School Serv's spam policy applies only to unsolicited commercial messages sent by School Serv Users. School Serv Users are not allowed to send spam messages to other Users.
- Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of School Serv - School Serv prohibits email offers to buy or sell listed products outside of the School Serv Website. Offers of this nature are a potential fraud risk for both Buyers and Sellers.
- School Serv policy prohibits user-to-user threats of physical harm via any method including, phone, email and on Our public message boards.
- Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
- Limits on account privileges
- Account suspension
- Cancellation of listings
- Loss of special status
School Serv does not take responsibility or liability for the actions, products, content and services on the Website, which are linked to Affiliates and / or third party websites using Website's APIs or otherwise. In addition, the Website may provide links to the third party websites of Our affiliated companies and certain other businesses for which, School Serv assumes no responsibility for examining or evaluating the products and services offered by them. School Serv do not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of such third party website(s). School Serv does not endorse, in any way, any third party website(s) or content thereof.
Schoolsupermart.com strives to get the item(s) delivered by its seller(s) in excellent condition and in fastest time possible. There is no extra charge applicable by Schoolsupermart.com for getting the item(s) delivered to the customers. However, the shipping charges can be applicable on some products and/or for some pin codes by the seller. You can go to the Product details page to check the shipping charges & estimated delivery time for the specific item(s).
In order to have a hassle free transaction experience for our customers & sellers, there will be minimal charges deduction for the customer/seller if the order is cancelled/delayed respectively.
- If the delivery is delayed and the order is not delivered by the Promised Delivery Date for any reason by the seller, there will be a charge imposed on Seller which will be sum of the payment gateway transaction charges & associated GST on the transaction Charges (Please note that, during this period if the school wish to cancel the order, school can reach out to schoolsupermart.com and can generate the request by logging into their account. Schoolsupermart.com will check initially if the order can be delivered at the earliest and if not then would advise seller to cancel the same)
- If the school rejects to accept the item(s) at the time of delivery due to any reason not listed in our Replacements & Returns policy, the amount paid towards the order will be refunded (deducting the sum equal to the payment gateway charges, shipping charges & associated GST on the transaction & shipping charge) to the school by schoolsupermart.com after the product reaches back to the sellers’ warehouse/location and sellers‘ confirmation
Please check for all the following items when the product is delivered to you:
- Please check on all external surfaces across the product for any breakages, cracks, chip-offs, unfinished patches.
- For all products that involve assembly, please ensure that the delivery team assembles the product so you are sure that all nuts and bolts are present and they fit well
- For all products that require installation/wall installation, kindly decide prior to the delivery team's visit on the exact location in your school where you would want to place your product, and instruct the delivery team to fix the product; please ensure that you have taken all necessary approvals prior for any drilling etc. that may be required to fix wall items in your school
- For all products kept on the floor, ensure that the product stands steady and straight. In case there is an uneven leg (less than 5 mm difference), then our team will install bushes at the foot of that leg to balance the product better; in case the uneven leg is more than 5 mm, then we will take the item back to provide a replacement (or a repair) based on extent of change needed
- For all seating products, kindly sit on the item to ensure that the structure is stable with your weight on it
- Currently we make sure that the internal areas of storage products are well finished to not have any loose pieces / splinters to hurt your arms; however the extent of polish of internal areas may not match with the extent of polish on external areas
- Once the product is delivered and our delivery team leaves your location, we will be able to only honour manufacturing defects and other fair usage breakages as outlined in the warranty policy.
Schools may cancel their order until the item(s) is/are packed from the seller. Any amount paid against the said cancelled item(s) will be credited into the same source account using which the payment was made within 7-10 business days from the time the item(s) were cancelled.
Schools will not be able to cancel the order by themselves once the order is packed. If School still wishes to cancel the order, school needs to raise the request with schoolsupermart.com for the cancellation. Please note, this doesn’t confirm the cancellation of the packed order. Schoolsupermart.com team will confirm on the same after checking with the respective Seller. There will be a minimal charge imposed on the School which will be sum equal to the payment gateway charges, shipping charges (only if the order has left the seller's location/warehouse) & associated GST on the transaction and rest of the order value will be processed for the refund into the source account
Under some rare situations, schoolsupermart.com or any of our sellers can also raise an order cancellation request. These situations could be :
- Product Out of stock with the seller
- Restrictions on the number of products you can order, as per Terms & Conditions of any offers/discounts
- Incorrect pricing or description of the product
- Payment fraud suspicion by our credit & fraud avoidance department
- Incorrect or incomplete school's address
In case of order cancellation by schoolsupermart.com or seller due to non-availability of the product, the paid amount will be refunded to school, in accordance with our Payment policy. We will notify the school at their registered email address if an order cancellation happens due to any reason.
Once the order is accepted by the seller and cancelled by the seller, there will be a charge imposed on the respective seller for not fulfilling the order. The charges will be applicable as per our Payment policy.
Replacement & Returns Policy
Schoolsupermart.com replacement & returns policy gives you an option to initiate Replacement or Return request for the item(s) purchased on Schoolsupermart.com for the below mentioned reasons within 48 hours of receipt of the item(s). We only ask that you don't use the product and preserve its original condition, tags, and packaging (if applicable).
The Replacement & Returns request can be created by the School within 48 hours from the time of delivery of the item(s).
Please note that replacement will happen hand to hand with the delivery person. School needs to generate a replacement request online on schoolsupermart.com and need to wait for the New Order to arrive as per the promise date.
Replacements and Returns can be initiated for below mentioned reasons:
- Item received is defective
- Item dead on arrival
- Missing item(s) / component(s)
- item(s) received does not match the description / specifications listed by seller on schoolsupermart.com
- item(s) received does not match the description / specifications listed by seller on schoolsupermart.com
- For replacing the products under any circumstances mentioned above, there will be no extra charges incurred to the school. However, school needs to login on schoolsupermart.com and create a replacement request within 48 hours from the time of delivery which will in turn generate a new order id for the school to track the shipment of the replaced item(s). These transaction will not be eligible for any kind of refund to the school
- If the item(s) received does not match the description / specifications listed by seller on schoolsupermart.com, school can choose to return the product and can request for the complete refund against the item(s) returned to the source account from which the payment was made. Any other reason to return the item(s) apart from the one mentioned above will incur a charge to the school which will be the sum equal to the payment gateway charges, shipping charges & associated GST on the transaction & shipping charge
- At any circumstances where the seller refuses to accept the replacements/returns, school can file a dispute with schoolsupermart.com administrator within 5 days from the day item(s) were delivered
- Schoolsupermart.com will review the entire transaction and will take an action as per our Dispute Resolution Policy
In order to make all the transaction hassle free for our customers & sellers, currently we support only the following payment options at schoolsupermart.com
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Internet Banking
- Please make the payment after ensuring that the information entered is accurate, including all account details, billing addresses and passwords. If your payment is debited from account after a payment failure, it will be credited back within 7-10 days to the source account, after we receive a confirmation from a bank.
- Once the order is placed by the school by making the payment with any of the online payment methods, schoolsupermart.com will hold the payment to seller for 48 hours from the time of delivery until the delivery of the item(s) are confirmed by the school and no replacement, return or dispute request is initiated, after which payment will be released to the seller. Seller will receive the payment within 5 business days from the day the order was delivered to the school.
- Once the order is delivered by the seller, seller needs to mark the same as delivered by logging into schoolsupermart.com seller account
- Schoolsupermart.com will request the school to confirm the receipt of items and will allow 48 hours' time for schools' confirmation. If school fails to confirm the delivery within 48 hours from the time schoolsupermart.com has requested, it will be considered as a successful delivery
- School has an option to raise a replacement, return request and/or confirm the successful delivery during the 48 hours from the order delivery time. Post the 48 Hours, returns/replacement request cannot be created by the school
- For refund details against the cancelled order, please check our Cancellation Policy
- Final settlement to the seller will happen after the successful delivery of the item(s) to the school and confirmation from the school which will be after 48 hours from the time of delivery and no replacement, return or dispute request is initiated by the school
- Amount will be transferred to seller after deducting the schoolsupermart.com platform charges
- If school has cancelled the order before the order is shipped or schoolsupermart.com cancels the order due to any reason, full amount will be refunded to the source account from which school has made the payment
- If the order is cancelled by the seller after accepting the same, there will be a charge imposed on seller which will be a sum equal to the payment gateway transaction charges & associated GST on the transaction charges
Order Rejection Policy
If the school doesn't want/need the order for any reason after the order is placed and shipped, school can reject the order at the time of delivery however there will be a charge imposed on school for the service.
If the school rejects to accept the item(s) at the time of delivery due to any reason not listed in our Replacements & Returns policy, the amount paid towards the order will be refunded (deducting the sum equal to the payment gateway charges, shipping charges & associated GST on the transaction) to the school by schoolsupermart.com after the product reaches back to the sellers’ warehouse/location and sellers‘ confirmation
Disputes Resolution Policy
Generally, transactions are conducted smoothly on Schoolsupermart.com. However there may be some cases where both the Schools and Sellers may face issues. At Schoolsupermart.com, we have a Dispute Resolution process in order to resolve disputes between Schools and Sellers.
A 'Dispute' can be defined as a disagreement between a School and a Seller in connection with a transaction on the Website. Disputes arise out of an issue that is raised by either party not being completely satisfied with the resolution of their complaint/issue.
It is important that before a School/Seller raises a dispute, they should attempt to solve the issue. Please note that whenever a School raises a dispute, the Seller's payment for that order is put on hold immediately until the issue is resolved.
Whenever there is a disagreement, the school can go to their account on Schoolsupermart.com and generate the dispute request on the website
School can generate a dispute by logging into schoolsupermart.com account within 5 days from the day item(s) were delivered.
Disputes can be generated by the school for below mentioned scenarios only if the same is not taken care as per our Replacement & Returns Policy
- Item received is defective
- Item dead on arrival
- Missing item(s) / component(s)
- item(s) received does not match the description / specifications listed by seller on schoolsupermart.com
Schoolsupermart.com will try its best to help the school & seller to close the dispute as quick as possible. Schoolsupermart.com will process the payment to the respective party only after the dispute is resolved between both the parties as per agreed resolution.
Once an order is successfully delivered to the school, Schoolsupermart.com will initiate the funds transfer to the respective seller which will take 5 business days to reflect in the seller’s bank account after deducting the below charges/fees.
- Platform fee / Commission Fee : A percentage of an order item(s) value; Platform fee sometimes vary based on vertical / sub-category. Refer below table for platform fee for different verticals / sub-categories
- Collection Fee : 3% of (Schoolsupermart.com selling price + shipping charges of the item(s)
- GST ( applicable on all of the above components)
||Table & Chair
|Product Price on SSM
|Platform Fee / Commission Fee
||₹ 0 (0% for Table & Chairs)
||₹ 30 (3% on all order item value)
|Total Marketplace Fee
|GST on Marketplace Fee
||₹ 5.4 (18% GST)
|Settlement value to Seller